The first Jews were transferred to Chaidari on the 4th of December 1943. They were eight people, which were isolated in the basement of Block 3. Their number increased gradually until the Spring of 1944, when large numbers were transported to Germany.
The first large arrival of Jews in Chaidari happened on the 29th of March 1944. 614 people arrived from Arta, Preveza, Agrinio, Patra and also Jews under Spanish, Portuguese and Italian citizenship. They were all part of the same shipment to Germany, 1300 people in total.
In early June 185 Jews from Eptanesa, mainly Corfu, arrived. The were sent to Poland along with another 575
Jews, already in Chaidari. The last transportation of Jews happened on the 1st of August 1944, with 1700 people
from the Dodecanese, mainly Rhodes, which were sent to Poland. The Germans were especially cruel with Jews. As K. Vatikiotis has described, Jews were beaten and whipped and transported half-dead in blankets. Prisoners had seen the guards hitting Jews with their firearms and Karl Fischer had whipped small children with one hand, while caressing his dog with the other.