he Battle of Chaidari in the area of Palataki brought about the strategic ingenuity and bravery of general G. Karaiskakis, and the value of the Philhellene officer C. Faviere. Both are annually honoured in Palataki by the Chaidari Municipality.
Active interest for the rescue of Palataki started only in 1955. Mayors D. Giachnis and D. Skampas acted to rescue the park and K. Nteniakos bought the buildings for the Municipality and attended their restoration. In 1976, Palataki became a listed building. In 1985 the area passed on to the Chaidari Municipality. The architect Y. Igglesis did the enhancement study.Works took place in 1987-1993. Th. Varagkis provided the furnishing and equipment for the tower. Palataki today houses the administration of the Municipal Cultural Centre and hosts public events.