This small church is on the top of a hill, north of the Sacred Way and 2 km southeast of Daphni. It is a
vaulted basilika, initially 4x7.4 m, probably post-Byzantine. Some 10th-11th century sculpture may belong to an earlier building. The church was an annex of Daphni.
In the mid-19th century the church expanded to the west and a chapel was added to the south. D. Kampouroglou visited the church in 1881 and met the only resident of the area. The small church of Prophitis Ilias on the top of the homonym hill (photo by Sp. Panagiotopoulos).